| DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
FACULTY/STAFF > DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES > SCHOOL OF EDUCATION AND SOCIAL SCIENCES > DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION > TEACHER EDUCATION OFFICE
Teacher Education Office
Educating Teachers. Changing Lives.
The Teacher Education Programs at Robert Morris University will help you become the teacher you want to be.
Courses in the teacher certification program are taught by full-time faculty members and experienced professionals. Students gain a solid foundation in theory and practice through interdisciplinary study, student teaching and field experiences.
All programs meet the new certification requirements established by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, and are currently accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). The accreditation process establishes rigorous standards for educator
The many advantages of the teacher education programs at RMU include:
- An effective mix of full-time faculty and experienced practitioners teaching the certification courses
- Ways to get involved through student groups like the student chapters of the Council of Exceptional Children (CEC) and the Pennsylvania State Education Association (S-PSEA)
- Documenting effective teaching performance and professional growth with the Teacher Work Sample and a Professional Portfolio
- A technology lab with computers and other instructional technology and media staffed and open to candidates 70 hours per week including Sunday
- A curriculum library, mediated classrooms, and an education resource room supporting the programs
- Opportunities to attend, participate in, and network with local educators at two annual conferences hosted on campus
- An Education Advisory Committee comprised of local administrators, teachers, former students, and university supervisors
- International student teaching opportunities in Aruba, Belize, and New Zealand
Nicholson Center, 4th Floor
6001 University Blvd.
Moon Township, PA 15108