Become the teacher you want to be.
Want to be a teacher? RMU's Teacher Education Office is here to help.
Check out these answers to frequently asked questions about becoming a teacher.
There are many advantages of the teacher education programs at RMU:
- An effective mix of full-time faculty and experienced practitioners teaching the certification courses
- Ways to get involved through student groups like the student chapters of the Council of Exceptional Children (CEC) and the Pennsylvania State Education Association (S-PSEA)
- Documenting effective teaching performance and professional growth with the Teacher Work Sample and a Professional Portfolio
- A technology lab with computers and other instructional technology and media staffed and open to candidates 70 hours per week including Sunday
- A curriculum library, mediated classrooms, and an education resource room supporting the programs
- Opportunities to attend, participate in, and network with local educators at two annual conferences hosted on campus
- An Educational Advisory Committee comprised of local administrators, teachers, former students, and university supervisors
- International student teaching opportunities in Aruba, Belize, and New Zealand
Courses in the teacher certification program are taught by full-time faculty members and experienced professionals. Students gain a solid foundation in theory and practice through interdisciplinary study, student teaching and field experiences.