| SCHOOL OF EDUCATION AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES >
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
School of Education and Social Sciences
Mission Statement: The School of Education and Social Sciences (SESS) promotes success through an innovative, challenging curriculum, discipline-based research, and practice for an ever changing world.
If you’re looking to develop a comprehensive understanding of teaching and/or social sciences, Robert Morris University’s School of Education and Social Sciences can help. Through learning opportunities that are continually improved and updated, we provide enhanced opportunities to clear the way for our students’ success. In addition, our academic departments and programs have close ties with professional communities, providing valuable connections for our students.
Our programs support the intellectual, social, and personal development of students. They also prepare individuals through the integration of technology, effective communication skills, and the application of theory into practice. This is completed through the integration of internships and practicums, which provide real-world experiences for all majors. Overall, students will experience a dynamic combination of in-class and exciting engagement opportunities that fully prepare them for the many challenges that classroom teachers and psychology/social science working professionals manage on a daily basis.
Other advantages include:
- Education programs are accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC), which has now become the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- All levels of degrees are offered, including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral.
- Teacher certification is available in Early Childhood, Middle Level, Special Education, and in the following secondary areas: Business, Communication/English, English, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Biology.
- All programs require either student teaching in a local district or a practicum/internship at a site related to the student’s career interests.
- Totally online programs, both undergraduate and graduate, are available to meet the needs of working professionals in psychology (B.S. degree) and Instructional Leadership (M.S. degree).
- Ph.D. in Instructional Management and Leadership degree program offers an opportunity to become better managers and leaders of the instructional process and to pursue positions in higher education and in training and development.
- Multiple student clubs and organizations are available for active student engagement.
- Opportunities for student travel, both regionally and internationally, are available to enhance professional experiences beyond the classroom.
To view our school newsletter click here. To see student testimonials about the Education Department please click here, and to for student testimonials about the Social Sciences Department click here.